We are a privately owned anatomic pathology lab based in Medford, Oregon and have provided pathology services to Southern Oregon for over 40 years. VPL proudly hires top talent to create a work environment of diversity, professional growth and quality healthcare. Our workforce is committed to the important service we provide to Southern Oregon. We always strive for excellence and have a strong desire to have involvement with the advances in medicine and the role laboratory services plays within each patient’s life. We never forget that there is a patient behind every specimen we receive. We are looking for individuals who want to contribute to Vista Pathology Laboratory’s culture of accountability, integrity, service, and excellence. Consider joining our dynamic team.
Responsible for operational management of Anatomic Pathology including technical, financial, logistics, facilities, and day to day oversight of personnel. Assists in the development and implementation of company business strategies, policies and practices. The position is supported by a team of technical supervisors, administrative accountant, and administrative assistant.
It is essential that a manager be able to work effectively with the CEO, pathologists, pathology assistants, direct and indirect reports, administrative departments of Vista Pathology and its affiliated hospitals and clinics, including referring providers and their patients, vendors and suppliers. Management and its team members are expected to align their strategic goals to Vista Pathology Laboratory’s Mission, Vision, and to demonstrate the core values in our Shared Commitments – ICARE – Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide effective leadership with people process, mentoring/coaching, including career development for succession plans.
• Recruits and maintains quality staffing by identifying the right talent for the job and evaluating annual performance reviews on time.
• Manage productivity effectively and workload balance in the department.
• Plan, coordinate, and implement physical plant changes and assure maintenance of facilities.
• Lead and chair lab operations meeting in conjunction with the medical director, technical supervisors, and staff.
• Develop meaningful performance metrics (KPIs) in the department to measure outcomes and business results are achieved.
• Improve processes and policies in support of accreditation standards and company goals.
• Formulate and implement departmental and company policies and procedures to maximize quality and efficiencies.
• Coordinate and standardize policies and quality management for offsite non-technical services.
• Maintain technical and technology standards that meet the needs and goals of the company.
• Coordinate and monitor quality assurance programs and supervise activities and reporting of the Quality Management Plan in compliance with CAP.
• Ensure quality control, calibration, and validation of laboratory equipment and test assays.
• Oversee plans and preparations for CAP and other regulatory inspections and manage maintenance schedules of equipment.
Regulatory and Safety:
• Monitor and ensure compliance and adherence to rules, regulations, and procedures.
• Be well informed about OSHA rules and regulations, including Chemical Hygiene, Hazmat, and MSDS requirements.
• Conduct monthly safety meetings with staff and document minutes of the meeting.
• Follow departmental, company and regulatory agency safety policies and procedures and assure that staff does the same.
• Prepare and manage department budget.
• Evaluate, select and negotiate purchased services, capital equipment and supplies with the vendors to reduce cost.
• Maintain equipment inventory and plan for technology equipment upgrade in conjunction with the CEO and Controller.
• Manage labor cost and productivity, including over time expenses according to threshold.
• BS degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences, MT, CLT, HT, CT.
• MBA/Master’s degree a plus.
• Five (5)+ years of lab experience
• Three (3) years minimum supervisory/management experience.
• Anatomic Pathology experience preferred.
PROFESSIONAL LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION :
• American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP or equivalent)
Job Type: Full-time
Paid time off
Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
Retirement benefits or accounts
Primary Location: Vista Pathology Laboratory. Medford, Oregon
Posted: December 19, 2019
Updated: December 19,2019
To Apply for a Position
If you’re interested in applying, please send résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please include the position title in the subject line.
Compensation & Benefits
Vista Pathology Laboratory offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vista Pathology is an equal opportunity employer.