Vista Pathology Laboratory, LLC is a privately owned pathology practice located in beautiful southern Oregon. We are comprised of 13 pathologists who, with the help of over a dozen talented laboratory employees, provide comprehensive medical diagnostic services to hospitals and surgery centers as well as primary care and specialist clinics throughout the Rogue Valley region.
Southern Oregon is home to world-class fishing and rafting rivers, mountains for skiing, biking and hiking, and green valleys that produce award-winning wines. Medford is located on Interstate 5, approximately midway between Portland and San Francisco. It lies just north of the California border and approximately 100 miles east of the Pacific Ocean. The area is favored with a mild climate. Average annual rainfall is 18-20 inches, and the seasons are clearly defined.
We are currently seeking a qualified applicant to fill a Part Time, ASCP certified Cytotechnologist position, outlined below:
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities
- Microscopically evaluates gyn and non-gyn cellular preparations in conjunction with clinical history to determine a diagnosis.
- Identifies areas of review for pathologists when abnormal and signs out negative gyn cytology.
- Accurately records cases screened in accordance with laboratory policies.
- Performs tasks and additional duties as needed in accordance with laboratory policies and under the supervision of the cytology supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- 3+ years experience screening in an accredited laboratory is preferred.
- CT ASCP Certification required
- ThinPrep Certification required
- Imager training preferred.
- Experience with PowerPath is a plus. Must be able to utilize laboratory software to enter case information and complete reports accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment.
- Part Time – 4.0 hours/day M-F as needed
Posted: February 5, 2020
Updated: February 5, 2020