The Rogue Valley in southwest Oregon is a great place to live for many reasons: for the “Wild and Scenic” Rogue River that runs from Crater Lake to the Pacific, offering world-class fishing and whitewater rafting and kayaking; for Ashland’s Oregon Shakespeare Festival and skiing on Mount Ashland; for the proximity of the Pacific Crest Trail; for the surrounding wine country of the Applegate, Illinois and Rogue Valleys; for Medford’s revitalized downtown, amazing sports facilities and orchards; for Jacksonville’s historic old town and Britt Music Festival; for the limitless outdoor activities, including hiking, paragliding, back-country skiing, golfing and mountain biking. If that’s not enough, a 2-hour drive will bring you to the Giant Redwoods and the beautiful Oregon and Northern California coast.
Vista Pathology is currently seeking a qualified applicant to fill our Pathologists’ Assistant position, which is outlined as follows:
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities
- Skillfully prepare, describe, and dissect human surgical pathology specimens including frozen sections.
- Perform post mortem examinations.
- Select and submit tissue sections for microscopic examination utilizing advanced judgment skills.
- Must have or be eligible for ASCP certification.
- Must hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must be fluent in English, possessing excellent verbal, written and communications skills.
- Must be able to maintain composure under stress of frequent interruptions and heavy workload demands.
- Must demonstrate confidentiality, loyalty, and ability to work well with others.
- Prior experience as a Pathologists’ Assistant preferred.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Full time Exempt– 40 hours/week.
Compensation & Benefits
- Vista Pathology Laboratory offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
We provide services at three sites, two hospitals and the Vista Lab. The PA’s rotate at all sites, which are within minutes of each other.
Please inquire about this wonderful opportunity to further your career with Vista Pathology and to live in one of the most beautiful areas in the country. Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org