Vista Pathology Laboratory, LLC is a privately owned pathology practice located in beautiful southern Oregon. We are comprised of 13 pathologists who, with the help of over a dozen talented laboratory employees, provide comprehensive medical diagnostic services to hospitals and surgery centers as well as primary care and specialist clinics throughout the Rogue Valley region.
Southern Oregon is home to world-class fishing and rafting rivers, mountains for skiing, biking and hiking, and green valleys that produce award-winning wines. Medford is located on Interstate 5, approximately midway between Portland and San Francisco. It lies just north of the California border and approximately 100 miles east of the Pacific Ocean. The area is favored with a mild climate. Average annual rainfall is 18-20 inches, and the seasons are clearly defined.
We are currently seeking a qualified applicant to fill our accounting position, which is outlined as follows:
Senior Accountant for Anatomic Pathology Laboratory
Reports to CEO
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities
- Will oversee IT, Administrative Office, Client Services (11 direct reports)
- Ensure that accounting systems, processes and procedures are in place and followed.
- Develop, prepare, and review financial statements and reports.
- Produce monthly, quarterly, and yearly budget and forecast reports for delivery to upper management.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts, preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit & loss, and other statements
- Produces payroll by initiating computer processing; printing checks, verifying finished product. Completes external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts; providing information for auditors.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Must demonstrate confidentiality, loyalty, and ability to work well with others.
- Physician Practice Management, Revenue Cycle Management
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- 5+ years’ experience in general or tax accounting
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Full time – 40 hours/week. Overtime may be required on occasion.
Compensation & Benefits
- Vista Pathology Laboratory offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Posted: November 18, 2019
Updated: November 18,2019
To Apply for a Position
If you’re interested in applying, please send résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the position title in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vista Pathology is an equal opportunity employer.