We are a privately owned anatomic pathology lab based in Medford, Oregon and have provided pathology services to Southern Oregon for over 40 years. VPL proudly hires top talent to create a work environment of diversity, professional growth and quality healthcare. Our workforce is committed to the important service we provide to Southern Oregon. We always strive for excellence and have a strong desire to have involvement with the advances in medicine and the role laboratory services plays within each patient’s life. We never forget that there is a patient behind every specimen we receive. We are looking for individuals who want to contribute to Vista Pathology Laboratory’s culture of accountability, integrity, service, and excellence. Consider joining our dynamic team.
The Laboratory Office Coordinator provides general support to internal team members and external clients on a daily basis. Attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication, strong organizational skills and multi-tasking are critical for this position as well as the capability of performing a variety of tasks within the scope of job duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answering multi-line telephone system
- Respond and follow through of client inquiries by phone or through electronic systems
- Prepares reports and documentation for physician review
- Data entry into Laboratory Information System
- Prioritize requests to meet deadlines and timely responses
- Apply knowledge of basic medical terminology
- Participation in different quality assurance and education related programs
- Can be counted on to carry out instructions and fulfill job responsibilities
- High School Diploma or better
- Excellent knowledge of grammar, punctuation and all types of English usage
- Good listening and verbal communication skills
- Highly Organized
- Proficient in Microsoft
- Data entry experience (3-5 years)
- Intermediate level computer proficiency
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology with a minimum one year experience in healthcare or physician practice clinic.
Job Type: Full-time, Monday – Friday (40 hrs/wk) 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Overtime may be required on occasion.
Paid time off
Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
Retirement benefits or accounts
Primary Location: Vista Pathology Laboratory. Medford, Oregon
Posted: December 6, 2019
Updated: February 3/2020
To Apply for a Position
If you’re interested in applying, please send résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the position title in the subject line.
Compensation & Benefits
Vista Pathology Laboratory offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vista Pathology is an equal opportunity employer.